FDLRS Heartland is committed to making its website accessible to all users, and we are committed to making our website/webpages
compliant with the World Wide Web Consortium’s (W3C’s) Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.0 Level AA and the Web Accessibility Initiative
Accessible Rich Internet Applications Suite (WAI-ARIA) 1.0. We strive to ensure that people with disabilities can access our services, participate in
our programs, and benefit from our community resources.
This website includes several features designed to improve accessibility for users with disabilities:
- Images on the website contain "alt tags" to help users with screen readers listen to the content.
- "Skip to main content" and "Skip to footer site map" links allow screen reader users to bypass the header and go directly to either the main
content or the footer site map each time a page is accessed.
- Information made available on our website is generally available in html. In some cases we may publish a document using Adobe Portable Document
- Users can get information regarding the accessibility of Adobe Portable Document Format (PDF) files from the Adobe website
To improve the accessibility of our website, FDLRS Heartland reviews the site's accessibility with outside web tools (WAVE web
accessibility evaluation tool: http://wave.webaim.org/) on a monthly basis and/or whenever new content is
published. A current WAVE report is available at
http://wave.webaim.org/report#/www.heartlanded.org/fdlrs . Adjustments are then made as necessary.
If you have a disability and the format of any material on our website interferes with your ability to access some information
contained on our site, please email the Website Content Coordinator Lisa Shin at email@example.com.
She will refer your request to the appropriate department to provide you with an alternate form of the requested material, as available. Please indicate
the nature of the accessibility problem, your preferred format, the web address of the requested material, and your full contact information so we can
reach you if questions arise while fulfilling your request.
We welcome comments on how to improve the site's accessibility for users with disabilities. Contact Lisa Shin by phone at 863-531-0444
extension 216 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Linking to our website is permissible providing the link accurately describes the content of the linked page.
- Under no circumstances may you “frame” the website or any of its content. Each page within the website must be displayed in full, without any
accompanying frame, design, branding, advertising, or promotional materials.
- Any links from our site to external sites should not be considered an endorsement of that site. We are not responsible for the content of other
Security and Privacy
- Florida has a very broad public records law. Most of the written communications to or from FDLRS Heartland are public records available to the
public and media upon request.
- Your email communication may be subject to public disclosure. If you do not want your email address released in response to a public-records
request, do not send electronic mail to this entity.
- Emails sent to staff will in no way be considered binding correspondence. For critical or legal correspondence, please contact staff via
telephone or US Postal Service.
You should not assume this website is error free. Although we will make every effort to include current and accurate information on
our website, the potential exists that an error may occur. Therefore, neither FDLRS Heartland nor any employee warrants the accuracy, reliability, or
timeliness of any information at this website. Thank you for your understanding.