FDLRS/Heartland - Technology
FDLRS Heartland Technology provides assistance and support in the appropriate use of a variety of technologies for students, teachers, professional staff, and parents. Support services are available in the areas of assistive technology, instructional technology, Universal Design for Learning (UDL), AIM/NIMAS Florida services, and virtual/online instruction.
In addition to the Technology Specialists at all 19 local FDLRS Centers, FDLRS includes 5 Regional Technology Specialists, 5 Regional Assistive Technology Specialists, a statewide assistive technology loan library (TSLL), statewide services for students who are deaf & hard of hearing (RMTC), and statewide services for students who are blind or visually impaired (FIMC).
Your FDLRS Tech project exists to provide support in the following areas:
- Promote local awareness of assistive and adaptive technologies, including FCAT accommodations;
- Provide training and information activities in the use of technology to support student achievement in curriculum areas assessed by FCAT and Alternate Assessment procedures, including high and low tech accommodations;
- Provide training and information in the effective use of digital text in the classroom;
- Provide training and information activities in the preparation for online curriculum and online testing activities; and
- Provide opportunities to explore equipment, components, and program solutions that may expand learning options for students through the use of new and emerging technologies.
Resource: "Exploring New Territories"
FDLRS Heartland Technology Specialists:
Luci Johnston (863) 531-0444 x230 Email
Kerry Lanier (863) 531-0444 x235 Email