FDLRS/Heartland - Technology
Online Modules, Tours, Tutorials and Demos
- Apps for Autism - online video detailing autism apps for the iPad
- Clicker 5 Getting Started - What is it? Creating a New Grid Set
- Have You Considered AT? - Archived presentation on Assistive Technology
- Inspiration Diagram and Outlining Software Quick Tour from Inspiration (Grades 6 - 12)
- Kidspiration Diagram and Outlining Software Quick Tour from Inspiration (Grades K - 5)
- Smart Board Two-Minute Tutorials from Smart Technologies
- Center for Accessible Technology in Sign (CATS) - Dedicated to providing accessibility to learning via sign language to enhance language, literacy and general world knowledge by providing tools which make text, captions, video, web pages, and multimedia accessible to deaf users, particularly children.
- Children's Story Books Online - Illustrated children's stories for kids of all ages.
- Discovery Kids - Videos, games, puzzles and fan sites.
- Education World "The Educator's Best Friend"- Information on lesson planning, professional development, school issues and technology integration.
- FDLRS (RMTC-D/HH) Resource Materials & Technology Center for the Deaf and Hard of Hearing - Interactive websites for the classroom for all grade levels and subject areas.
- Funbrain.com - Fun learning activities and games for students and recourse materials for teachers.
- Lesson Planet - Teachers... Find Online Lessons Fast! Search from over 80,000 online lesson plans that are teacher-reviewed and correlated to state standards.
- PBS Kids- Learning tools and adventures for your students with characters they know.
- PBS Teacher Source - Free Pre K-12 resources to support learning at home and at school.
- Scholastic - Scholastic.com is an award-winning portal for school-based professionals including teachers, administrators, librarians, as well as families and kids.
- Starfall.com - Where children have fun learning to read.
- Apple Education
- ATIA - Assistive Technology Industry Association
- Closing the Gap - Assistive Technology Resources for Children and Adults with Special Needs.
- Educational Technology & Mobile Learning - A resource of educational web tools and mobile apps for teachers and educators.
- Edutopia - The George Lucas Educational Foundation publishes stories of innovative teaching and learning through a variety of media -- a magazine, an e-newsletter, CD-ROMs, DVDs, books, and this Web site.
- eSchool News Online - A monthly print newspaper providing the news and information necessary to help K-20 decision-makers successfully use technology and the Internet to transform North America's schools and colleges and achieve educational goals.
- Microsoft Educational Resources - Provides links to educational competencies, lesson plans, case studies and more.
- Reading Rockets - A national multimedia project offering information and resources on how young kids learn to read, why so many struggle, and how caring adults can help.
- Websites & Apps for Differentiated Instruction - a document with numerous websites and apps listed for use for differentiating instruction.
- Alliance for Technology Access (ATA) - The Alliance for Technology Access (ATA) is the national network of community-based Resource Centers, Developers, Vendors, and Associates dedicated to providing information and support services to children and adults with disabilities, and increasing their use of standard, assistive, and information technologies.
- Northeast Regional Library- (Region 2 Library) - A Project of Assistive Technology Specialists in North Central Florida. The Region 2 Library is full of resources and links currently being used in the area.
- Center on Technology and Disability - The Center is a resource designed to support organizations and programs that work with families of children and youth with disabilities. We offer a range of information and services on the subject of assistive technologies.
- Georgia Project for Assistive Technology - Implementation and Integration / Assistive Technology Resource Charts.
- Special Education Resources on the Internet (SERI) - Special Education Resources on the Internet (SERI) is a collection of Internet accessible information resources of interest to those involved in the fields related to Special Education.